Friday, August 03, 2007

Comics for 8/1/2007

Countdown #39 3/5

This weekly series has started off slow. It has gotten a little better, but still seems like there is more potential than substance. We are 25% of the way through so I think there should have been more here. This book needs to start kicking it in high gear or people are gonna drop it. But I am liking the Search for Ray Palmer so I got....




All-New Atom #14 5/5

I really don't get the draw of the shrinking, and I don't really get the whole nano/palmerverse thing, but damn was this issue a great read. I have been thumbing through these because of Gail Simone and already on the fence about getting it but I am hooked on her at least. I started buying comics again when I read that Jason Todd may be coming back. For some reason that drew me in instead of pissing me off. So since he is in the search, I am along for the ride.

Nightwing #135 3.5/5

I almost gave it a 4, but this issue wasn't as good as previous ones. I like what Wolfman is doing over all though. Dick Grayson has been punked the last few years and Marv is finally getting him back as a respectable hero. This issue however was a step back in art (there is actually a spot on a building that says "insert Wayne Tower here", and the issue is a little confusing. What I did like is the retcon of Dick Grayson growing out of his role of Robin versus the whole Batman "firing" him as Robin.

Justice Society of America #8 5/5

This JSA is all about second generation characters that pretty much I have never heard of or read about. Johns makes me like them and want more. When they relaunched this book I was going to give it a shot and I am glad I did. Almost every week this is a home run for me. This week has Jesse Chambers in it who is the dughter of the original Liberty Belle and Johnny Quick of WW2 Golden Era time. This is basically a recap of her and her parents along with Professer Zoom taunting Damage about what he did in Ifinite Crisis. Kingdom Come Superman is coming next issue which should get interesting!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 03, 2007 10:59 AM, Blogger Robguy said...

ok, now you need to start reading the comics that I like and reporting on them - or scanning them and sending them to me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home