Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I'd Tap That Aquafina




So with the big article the other day about Aquafina, the uproar about it being tapwater is crazy. I mean serious with titles like "Aquafina admits the truth about it’s water" and "Aquafina: Unearths Its Source" it makes it sound like they were lying about their source of water. Which, um , they haven't.

I happen to have a bottle right here on my desk, that I haven't thrown out in "disgust" yet. It has the words "Purified Drinking Water" right on the front. How hard is that to figure out? I guess it could be misleading because of the logo that has a mountain there, meaning that it comes from mountain springs right? I guess since it shows the sun on the logo then they are misleading as they collect and bottle water at night too?

Anyways what it all comes down to is the move to ban bottled water, nothing else. There are certain groups that are pushing for the move to get rid of bottled water, and are pushing the bottle water is tap water angle as much as possible.

Truth is the tap water is probably fine for you to drink in most cases. Truth also is that purified water takes out many of the things that tap water has as well such as large amounts of chlorine or arsenic.

I never though of Aquafina as some magical water from the fountain of youth. For me it is the convenience of having cold water that available right away. It is about the ability to take that water anywhere with me. It also gives me a piece of mind that I am not drinking Madison's water.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home